Saturday, April 09, 2005

The Book Quiz --

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. What book do you want to be?
The Oxford English Dictionary -- all 20 volumes.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Griffin from Bantock's Griffin and Sabine set -- I wanted him to write to me and send me those lovely postcards and letters.

Roland from Possession -- and then they had Aaron Eckhart play him in the movie adaptation -- yum!

The last book you bought is...
Hehehe, it's still in its Goodwill plastic, The Stars Dispose by Michaela Roessner

Five books you would take to a deserted island:
1. Possession by A.S. Byatt
2. Tikim by Doreen Fernandez
3. the latest edition of This Diary Will Change Your Life
4. Matilda by Roald Dahl (or James and the Giant Peach)
5. From Hell by Alan Moore <-- it will give me a chance to read the endnotes

What are you currently reading?
Wicked by Gregory Maguire

Who are you going to pass this stick to and why?
My J becase he loves books and has been reading a lot more than me.

Gabs and E, but they've answered this quiz already -- because they have great taste in books.

My bro -- curious ako what 5 books he'd bring.

* * *
Fill in the blanks! --

My journal is titled ____ because ____.
My subtitle is ____ because ____.
My friends page is called ____ because ____.
My username is ____ because ____.
My default userpic is ____ because ____.

My Answers:
My journal is titled "Serpent Beneath the Flower" because I like the idea of "what lies beneath."

My subtitle is the quote from Macbeth that inspired the title for my blog because, during my one semester of Shakespeare, this was the line that stuck.

My friends page is called "Blogstops" because that's what they are -- blogs I stop by to visit and read. ^_^

My username is kiteflying because, back in college, for Philo class we had to come up with a pseudonym to guarantee an unbiased grade for our papers and I was Kite.

I can't answer the last one because I don't have a default userpic. ^_^;;

* * *

The Music Test --

a. Post the names of 20 of your favorite musicians.
b. See who can guess which is your favorite song by each.
c. Once someone guesses right, bold that row and include the song.

A lot of people with LJs have been doing this quiz -- I guess it's just a bit more difficult for those of us using Blogger --

Anyhoo -- I just want to see if I can even name 20 musicians. ^_^

1. Tori Amos - Taxi Ride
2. Dave Matthews Band - Crash Into Me (Say Goodbye is a close 2nd)
3. The Corrs - Intimacy
4. Kajiura Yuki - Salva Nos <-- Yay! Cupkeyk! ^_^
5. Mark Mothersbaugh - Motherbaugh's Canon (from the Royal Tenenbaums OST)
6. Kohei Tanaka - the theme from Sakura Taisen
7. Sting - Fields of Gold <-- Cupkeyk!
8. Yoko Kanno - Platinum (from CardCaptor Sakura)
9. Counting Crows - Colorblind
10. Green Day - Time of Your Life <-- Cupkeyk!
11. Cyndi Lauper - True Colors
12. Eagle Eye Cherry - Save Tonight
13. The Cranberries - Dreams
14. U2 - Beautiful Day <-- Yay! Mahar! ^_^
15. Nico - both her songs from the Royal Tenenbaums OST: "These Days" and "The Fairest of the Seasons"
16. Yuko Sasaki - Pure Snow
17. REM - Shiny Happy People
18. Westlife <-- Yay! Boy Band! - Obvious
19. from RENT (Jonathan Larson) - One Song Glory
20. from Wicked (Stephen Schwartz)- Defying Gravity

April 14, 2005 -- decided to fill in the answers to the music quiz ^_^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salva Nos, Time of Your Life, Field of Gold