Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Guess what happened to me yesterday --

Think red ants.

Think red ants large enough that they are visible 5 feet away (my height -- so when I look down, I can see them clearly).

Think lots of red ants swarming a concrete square about 2 feet long and 2 feet wide.

Think walking into concrete square with lots of red ants.

~sigh~

I've been trying to get in touch with the grad school coordinator since Friday --
1. I needed an advisement slip so I could enroll in that 4-day Educ workshop. (I wasn't able to because she came in too late and classes started yesterday.)
2. I needed to discuss my thesis schedule with her.

I called at around 8am and she wasn't in yet. I called again at 930 and the secretary informed me that she was there na.

So I rushed to Katipunan. The travel took longer than expected -- I got to Ateneo at around 1115 and I gave myself until 1130 (because there's a lunch break at 12noon).

Walking, walking, walking -- texting at the same time, I didn't notice what I had stepped into.

Shit, sobrang daming ants! At first, I tried to just shake them off, but they were persistent little buggers. I took off my sandals and walked barefoot for a few feet and then started to just brush them off my barefeet and from my sandals.

Those things can jump pala -- I think one of them went up my skirt -- the perv.

There were passers-by and I'm sure they thought I was insane. (When I told my sister this, she asked me if people saw me and if people thought I was insane. I said yes. ~sigh~)

I got to the department on time, but I was so sweaty and frazzled na. Met with my coordinator and we discussed my sked.

Thesis Proposal defense during the first semester -- I could do it this summer, but we haven't found the readers yet and they have to read the proposal.

Thesis defense by December.

Graduate by March.

So my plan for the summer is to write as much of my paper as I can so that I don't have to attend to it during the first three months of the semester.

I had to walk the same path back and, from a distance, you could really see that that particular square of concrete was darker than the rest (because of all the ants) -- I walked around it.

* * *

Today is Wednesday! --

Which means it's movie day! Yay!

I checked ClicktheCity for the movie skeds and I was so happy to see Finding Neverland on the list of new movies this week.

I know the original DVD is out and there are fake ones around, but I resisted them because I really, really wanted to see this on the big screen.

Finding Neverlang
Theater Mall Cinema 2
11:10 1:25 3:35 5:45 7:55

Yay!

Oh, my J and I also want to watch Sahara. O_o;;

* * *

Cuuuute! --

Jin introduced me to this strip:

Count Your Sheep

No comments: