Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I love Wes Anderson! >_< --

Finally got to watch Rushmore on Star Movies last weekend (for people wanting to see this, it will be shown again on Tuesday April 19 at 1:25pm on Star Movies) -- it is an amazing movie! Now, all I need to do is find a copy of Bottle Rocket and I would have watched all of his films. ^_^

While watching Rushmore, I got a sense of the movement Anderson's films go through -- the word that came to mind is parabola. It always begins at a certain point and then proceeds in a downward curve, but you never quite hit bottom before rising up again. I also vaguely remember that parabolas never touch lines and that seems to be the case with Andersons's stories -- it is a limitless inching-towards-something and where he ends is the point of resolution but it is also not the resolution.

* * *

Activities --

I don't have a teaching load this summer. I was supposed to take some classes at Ateneo but that plan has been slightly derailed.

I still have wedding preparations to attend to so I guess that will keep me busy.

This is interesting:
Contemporary Bookbinding Workshop

It's from May 7 to June 11 at the Lopez Museum.

Hmmm...

No comments: