Thursday, April 14, 2005

On Finding Neverland --

The word that comes to mind is spellbinding --

I was crying through most of the movie.

I'm glad I waited to watch it on the big screen.

* * *

My luck amuses me --

My J and I decided to go watch Finding Neverland in Theater Mall.

I cried through the movie.

I come out of theater and bump into a group of my students.

Gah!

And then we head off to The Shops, and then I bump into another student.

* * *

Today's activity --

I decided to cook lunch for my sister and my J -- simplest thing to prepare is pasta.

My J and I discovered this absosmurfly delicious cheese sauce in Shoppesville called Kesovore. We've spread it on crackers and even used it as cheese in tomato-based pasta. (We're contemplating using it as dip for chips and as a filling for jumbo shells (conchiglioni) or cannelloni or even lasagna).

Decided to play with it today -- had bacon and button mushrooms available and a bottle of extra-virgin olive oil. I was supposed to mix everything together in olive oil and toss it in a bit of Kesovore but, while taking off the stems of the mushrooms, I got the idea to just stuff the mushrooms with the Kesovore. I cut the leftover stems and mixed it with the bacon in a bit of olive oil (fried the whole thing) and tossed the pasta (fusilli) in it.

I placed the stuffed mushrooms into the oven and waited for the Kesovore to start melting.

It was yummy. ^_^

re: the names for pasta -- I had help from this website. ^_^

* * *

Tomorrow's activity --

Chocolate Crinkles II
From Allrecipes, Submitted by Ingrid

1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar


Directions
1 In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and
vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the
vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into
the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line
cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch
balls. I like to use a number 50 size scoop. Coat each ball
in confectioners' sugar before placing onto prepared
cookie sheets.
3 Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand
on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to
wire racks to cool.

... let's see how it turns out. ^_^

* * *

I love brie --

Tasted really good brie during the Mandarin food sampling and bought a small wheel of brie for the house from Unimart. Yum!

* * *

OMG! --

I visited the Count Your Sheep website and I looked through the archives. I usually check out the post for my birthday and for our anniv --

This was the Count Your Sheep post for March 25, 2004 --

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"I know. But then I reconsidered. 'Cause I figured out what I really wanna do with my life, what I want to do for a living is I wanna be with your daughter. I'm good at it." - John Cusack, Say Anything

1 comment:

Tin (ni Johann) said...

thanks for the tip, dearie --

i put it in the fridge and am chilling the dough overnight and i'll bake it tomorrow morning ^_^

will let you know how it turns out.