Sunday, April 17, 2005

Weekend --

Saturday --

I baked the chocolate crinkles which I mixed and chilled the day before. This is how it turned out:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There's a bit of discoloration on the sugar -- I think this is because our oven gets really hot really fast. It was really thrilling seeing the first cracks appear. ^_^

My J and I also met up with some friends at Megamall. Powerbooks is on sale, btw -- 20% off on books. My J and I had dinner at Yoshinoya. I tried their Yakitori (new on their menu) -- I didn't like it. It looked different from the picture in their counter. Our friend Pacoi treated us to Dairy Queen and then we sat with him and Abi as they had their dinner at Wendy's.

Fun, fun, fun. ^_^

Oh, here's the Amelie-esque stencil --

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday --

Met up with my J in Makati. I promised him that I would go with him to visit the Goodwill branch in Glorietta. I ended up getting a copy of John Updike's Gertrude and Claudius.

We stopped by Powerbooks in Greenbelt and I got a copy of Gregory Maguire's Lost. I also got a copy of the latest Fables TPB.

We also visited the Large TV Expo at Abensons -- we were drooling over the Plasma TVs and the Super Wega. ~haaaay~ So expensive.

We took the MRT to Megamall to check out the last day of the furniture fair. So many lovely pieces. We had fun imagining all of the pieces that we liked in our imaginary future house. ^_^

* * *

And then --

One of my absolute favorite professors from Ateneo is Emmanuel Torres. My sister and I took up the classes he offered for 3 semesters. We even delayed the completion of our course work because the schedule for one of our pre-requisite classes conflicted with his class. (We took his class and had to wait an entire year to take the pre-req course. ^_^)

He retired about two years ago and we've been keeping touch ever since. We finally arranged to meet today -- my sister and I visited him at his home.

It was a pleasant afternoon visit. We talked about EVERYTHING. This is one of the things I love about talking to him -- I learn so much after and I walk away wanting to know even more.

When he found out I was teaching in Ateneo, he set aside some of the books that he used when he taught there and he gave them to me today. I was so, so honored.

We made plans to meet up again for lunch/dinner some time soon and I am really looking forward to that. ^_^

No comments: