Sunday, April 10, 2005

Books to Read for the Summer --

1. Wicked by Gregory Maguire <-- am halfway through this.
2. The Adventure of English by Melvin Bragg <-- purchased this a long, long time ago and I haven't even bothered to take it out of its shrinkwrap
3. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Klay by Michael Chabon
4. Slick
5. Urgent 2nd Class: Creating Curious Collage, Dubious Documents, And Other Art From Ephemera by Nick Bantock <-- which my youngest bro got for me a long, long time ago
6. The Stars Dispose by Michaela Roessner
7. Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Comes Back by P.L. Travers
8. The rest of the Jasper Fforde series

I'm reading at a slower pace now -- I think my attention span has gotten shorter.

* * *

Book Sale! --

Goodwill Bookstore is on sale! 80% off on paperbacks. The Roessner book was originally priced at 229.50 and I got it for 45.90 --

Even the saleslady had to check to see if she was punching the right numbers. ^_^

It's until the end of the month.

* * *

What Else? --

1. I'm compiling a list of all the DVDs that I want to own. It's a long, long and very, very expensive list.

Will post it when I'm done.

2. I also had a pleasant stroll down memory lane when I found a burned copy of a FLCL fan-made music video -- it's the one with "Shimmer" by Fuel --

What made it even nicer was that I played it on the Skyworth so I watched the whole video on my television instead of on my monitor.

3. I'm addicted to Chippy.

4. I'm contemplating whether I should get my hair cut or whether I should grow it long for July.

No comments: