Friday, May 04, 2007

My Spider-man 3 post --

Johann and I watched it last Wednesday. I thought this latest installation was very good and that I'm impressed with how well this title has sustained itself.

For now, I still prefer Spider-man 2 -- I felt that was the better-written movie. (I guess it's because Michael Chabon wrote it. ^_^) Spider-man 3 delivers in terms of action sequences and following through with the story they started in the first Spider-man movie. I like the pace and momentum they have going so far and I wonder how they will eventually conclude everything that they have built up so far. (They've resolved some in this movie but they opened a whole new can of worms as well. ^_^)

While most people were really excited about the "black" Spider-man, I thought this guy was more compelling --

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I felt Gwen Stacy was under-used but I guess they're going to develop her character more in the next installation.

See you in 2009, Spider-man!

* * *

Movies I am looking forward to --

I love this time of year -- when all the big movies come out. ^_^

Spider-man 3 was a great start and there are so many more movies coming! (I am so glad I live in a place where movies are PhP70 in the theater ^_^)

I want to watch:
Lucky You <-- I wonder how Eric Bana would fare in this one. It's a contemporary piece and he's playing opposite Drew Barrymore.

Hot Fuzz <-- I thought Shaun of the Dead was brilliant and this one looks like it's going to be an amazing laugh.

Meet the Robinsons <-- Disney. Just Disney. (Apparently, this is a Pixar-less production. <-- thank you Eric for the correction. ^_^) Hmmm.

Shrek the Third <-- I wonder what they're going to do in this one. ^_^

PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN: AT WORLD'S END <--
PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN: AT WORLD'S END!!!!! >_<

Ocean's Thirteen <-- so many beautiful men, so little time to ogle them all. Oh, and it's by Steven Soderbergh.

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer <-- Am curious about this one. A lot of people weren't very happy about the first movie (I thought it was nice) so I am interested in how they are going to redeem themselves in the second movie.

Nancy Drew <-- because it is Nancy Drew and we grew up reading Nancy Drew.

Ratatouille <-- my brother showed me the teaser for this last year and we saw the trailer for it when we were watching Spider-man 3. It is a cute, cute movie and very "of the moment" considering the mad interest in cooking and "cheffing" these days.

Transformers <-- I am a little worried about this one. I saw the teasers and I'm not sure I like what they've done to this title.

HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX <-- HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX!!! >_<

The Simpsons Movie <-- lol! When I was thinking of something to write, the only thing that came to mind was their opening song. ^_^

No Reservations <-- because this movie has Aaron Eckhart in it and I love him.

August also has a lot of great movies to offer, starting with Stardust but, for now, it's going to be a great quarter. ^_^

2 comments:

Rufus said...

I am definitely looking forward to Spiderman 3, Hot Fuzz, and the Simpsons Movie. It's good to hear that Spiderman 3 is decent.

Tarie Sabido said...

You're right: so many movies to watch. =) There is going to be another Spider-man movie?! But but... Things usually go bad after a third movie. Think Batman... =( Three's a good number. They should stop at three?