Friday, May 11, 2007

Update --

I really like how this picture turned out --

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The people in the house are amused that I take pictures of the potted plants and that I sometimes take more than one picture of the same plant.

I'm still trying to get used to my camera -- and I'm slowly understanding what to do in what situation.

Last night, while waiting for our take-out food, I looked through the photo exhibit mounted by the Photo Society of Iloilo to celebrate Mother's Day. Out of the 40+ photos, I was only impressed with a handful. If you look at the selection, many of them were photos taken of indigenous people and mothers living in poverty. A part of me couldn't help but think that these photos were taken only for their "surprise" value -- that these are very different images of motherhood, and there was no genuine emotion or connection felt with these women.

No comments: