Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Cute Penguin! --

my pet!

* * *

Discoveries --

1. I can spend an entire weekend with my J in a place without television or internet.
2. I really, really love my J.
3. I'm glad I'm marrying him.

* * *

Share ko lang --

This is something one of my students wrote about Murakami's short story:

"The hundred percent lover is a paraphrase of true love. But because of the world we grew up in, we always require a direct quotation...

(We) will always seek to be logical about the matter. Like the man in the story, he derives an explanation of the feeling from a story that did or did not happen. Man is like that. He always has in his mind that the concept of falling in love should not be that simple. He does not let himself just fall in love but overthinks the situation that, by the time he realizes that he should go for it, the opportunity is gone.

Is love really a fallacy?

It becomes fallacious to the logical but magical to the irrational.

Is man both? Yes." - C.L. Lit13-E8

No comments: