Friday, March 11, 2005

I am not in a good mood --

I started the day with joy in my heart (deep, deep down in my heart) -- after months of searching, of having to bear the heat and the disappointment, of trudging through god-forsaken parts of Katipunan, we were supposed to see the place where we would live in after we got married.

My J and I promised ourselves that we would exhaust all possibilities before deciding on a place -- today, I went on an expedition to the far reaches of Katipunan (think: beyond Rustan's Fresh) to check out one such possibility. It turned out to be a dud. (So we scratched that off our list)

I wasn't discouraged, though -- despite the heat and my aching feet... this was because we were supposed to visit this really cool condo unit along Katipunan later.

We had to reschedule this several times already since Monday because the owner's schedule and the tenant's schedule and our schedule just couldn't mesh -- until today.

The meeting was set for 5pm. My sister even volunteered to come along to help us look at the place and so we would have a ride home after.

And then the owner informs me that the tenant won't be in and we had to reschedule again for tomorrow.

I couldn't stand it anymore -- the frustration and disappointment that I've accumulated in the past couple of months over this just exploded.

(There goes joy from my heart. Hello darkness my old friend.)

I already had plans for Saturday -- my first gown fitting and then meet up with G for lunch and some window shopping and then meet with my J after.

Siyempre, had to fix schedules again. (And I have this gnawing feeling that, when I call to confirm this tomorrow, I will be told that we need to reschedule again.)

For the first time this school year, I let my cubiclemates see how upset I was. Poor L had to suffer my venting.

July is less than 5 months away -- L told me that the place I'm meant to live in will come to me in due time ... I really should just be patient and wait for it.

~sigh~

* * *

A bit of good naman --

My J and my sister knew how this was stressing me out so they really went out of their way to try to cheer me up. My sister treated me to Shakey's thin crust pizza and my J was giving me hugs and reassuring me all the while.

M must have unconsciously sensed my despair -- he showed up at the dept with handmade notebooks and he gave me one of them. So, so pretty. And so, so thoughtful of him. Thankies --

* * *

I want to visit this place --

My cubiclemate T told me about this place today --

Library Hotel in New York

Curious concept -- the floors and rooms are named after sections in a library.

Check out the room amenities in Fast Facts. ^_^

No comments: