Monday, March 21, 2005

How about love? --

Date Vs. Non-Date

[in Portugese]
Jamie: Beautiful Aurelia, I've come here with a view of asking you to marriage me. I know I seems an insane person - because I hardly knows you - but sometimes things are so transparency, they don't need evidential proof. And I will inhabit here, or you can inhabit with me in England.
Sophia Barros: Definitely go for England, girl. You'll meet Prince William - then you can marry him instead.
- Love, Actually, directed by Richard Curtis

This is the story of how my J and I watched the movie Love, Actually:

I cannot remember what day it was or what month -- I remember sitting down in front of the television with a pitcher of water on one side and a bowl of microwave popcorn on the other. The movie had just started and it was my "alone" time --

About 10 minutes into the movie, my phone started buzzing (it is always on silent) -- it was my J commenting on something I was watching at that very moment. It turns out he was watching the same movie at his place.

And that was how the evening proceeded -- with the two of us exchanging thoughts and insights as the movie was playing. At one point, I remember saying that, with the frequency of the messages, he might as well be there watching the movie with me.

It is an amazing thing, to find this one person who shares the exact same birthdate as you. Even more amazing is to be able to form a relationship with one such person. The odds of it are astounding -- I've had smart people try to calculate the number and all we could get is a formula and all the values.

Considering that the odds of winning the lotto (and getting all 7 numbers correct) is 1 in 45 million, what I have with my J is like winning the lotto -- twice. When I told a friend that my J and I are "twins," he said "God doesn't play dice."

Mr. 80%
The Wiz
Enemy of the People
3PO
Merrily We Roll Along

No comments: