Wednesday, March 23, 2005

So I got bitten --

... by the Craft bug -- I visit a website called Crafster.org and get inspired by the many, many ideas there.

Today, my sister and I dropped by the Crafts Shop in Galleria and I bought Crayola Fabric Crayons.

I also bought a plain white t-shirt from the Robinson's Department store.

Now I'm looking for a nice design to draw and iron-on.

Here are some fun places I visit for images:
Tack-O-Rama
All Things Kawaii <-- I have a feeling Mase and Gabs will go crazy over the cute, cute images found here. ^^ (Click on "Directory" and go to "Graphics" and then proceed to "Illustrations" -- but the "Adoptions" page is also cute ^_^)

Here are some samples:
(From Girl! Girl! Girl!)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now I want to get Iron-On Transfer Paper so I can make t-shirts with these images! >_< (But Transfer Paper is so, so expensive! About PhP600 for 10 sheets in National Bookstore!)

I also want to figure out how to do silkscreen transfers! >_<

I also want the Print Gocco! >_<

This is what boredom does to me.

* * *

In other news --

I don't have a teaching load this summer, but I do have a Thesis Proposal to defend.

I'm also thinking of taking up some classes just to enhance my teaching in preparation for the next school year --

Hmm --
EN 201
THEORIES OF LANGUAGE AND LANGUAGE LEARNING
M-W-F 0900-1130

EN 212.5
ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE TEACHING
M-W-F 1430-1700

EN 216
PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES OF LITERATURE TEACHING
T-TH 0900-1245

ED 246.3
LANGUAGE ARTS AND THE TEACHING OF READING
D 0830-1600

ED 246
SEMINAR/WORKSHOP: TEACHING THE LANGUAGE ARTS
D 0830-1600

COM 127
BASIC PHOTOGRAPHY
SAT 0800-1630 <-- but I don't think I'll be allowed because I'm a graduate student and this is for undergrads =(

* * *

Oh, and a reason to get your passport --

(I found out about this from one of M's LJ friends)
Starting April 5, Tiger Airways will be flying from Manila to Singapore --

Check out how much the airfare will cost: S$25.98 = PhP860 one way (PhP1720 round trip).

And, if you think Hotels will be a problem, it won't be -- they've affiliated with a company that offers really cheap hotel packages:

For 4D3N, Twin Sharing with Breakfast Buffet, it's as cheap as S$152 = PhP5026++
(In my favorite hotel, Carlton, it would cost S$692 = PhP22,900.)

Compare this to how much it would cost to travel via Singapore Airlines or PAL --

The catch is you have to go to Clark (the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport).

Can you say "adventure"? ^_^

No comments: