Monday, March 28, 2005

Weekend --

This weekend was all about really good food and great books.

Saturday
For our anniv, my J and I ate at China Star in Podium. I've read about this restaurant in several newspapers and I was curious about it. We tried their Fried Rice Fookien and Salt and Pepper Squid and some dimsum. Everything was yummy! We couldn't stop talking/raving about the food.

We decided to walk around before having dessert (because we were both so full from the meal =^_^=) and we ended up at Bestsellers, the National Bookstore branch in Podium. My golly! There's a lot of really great books out for the summer:

Here's our list:
1. Slick by Daniel Price <-- it was a toss-up between this and #2 on the list. My J opted to get this first.
2. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clark
3. Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett

<-- we're getting these 2 this week. Either Wednesday or Friday (when Podium has their sale -- hoping Natio will offer a discount.)

Sunday
It was my youngest bro's birthday and we decided to treat him to Queen's in Jupiter. We had their Mutton Curry and Mock Duck Szechuan and many many others. And everything was so, so delicious!

Before lunch, we went around Power Plant and found a lot of really great books in Fully Booked and some cute, cute craft stuff in the toy store there.

One of the nice books we found at Fully Booked:
Men and Cartoons by Jonathan Lethem

There were loads of other books there -- but I forgot to take note of authors and exact titles. ^_^;;

* * *

For our anniv, my J gave me a really cute pair of pink rubber slippers. Perfect for the summer. ^_^

And here's a picture my bro took of us at Queens -- inggit ako sa camera ng bro ko -- it's a digital camera that can mimic that LCA in that you can modify exposure and such. ~sigh~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Fun, fun weekend. ^^

* * *

And for more nice images --

Visit the ispot.com --

No comments: