Wednesday, March 16, 2005

How do you measure a year? --

Open your eyes
Dream but don't guess.
Your biggest surprise
Comes after Yes.

- Muriel Rukeyser

It was a Thursday -- that much I remember. We were sitting on the floor at the foot of my bed, watching "Lover's Concerto," a Korean film. Halfway through the film, I had fallen asleep and was leaning on his shoulder.

In that hazy minute of being awake and falling asleep, I could hear my brother telling him, "She really falls asleep through things. Just let her be." And he did.

I guess I knew then that he was it. He was the "one" -- He was my one.

I have these tests to see how comfortable I am around people -- if I can eat in front of you, that's something. If I can eat something more than a salad or a sandwich, that's something. If I can eat rice in front of you, that's really something. ^_^

With my J, the eating was easy. All those years of being friends made him a comfortable presence --

The sleeping is my ultimate test. In my entire life, I've only slept over very few friends' houses (3) --

I finally woke up when the movie was about to end -- when it was almost time for the big "reveal" scene. He turned to me and said, "There's something I've been wanting to tell you--"

What he didn't know was that I knew what he wanted to say -- one of his friends let it slip a few days before -- the friend was so happy to see how "in love" his friend was with me.

Still, when the moment came, it surprised me -- to hear the words and to know they're meant for me.

He loved me.

It was the first of many, many more "I love yous" and of many, many more yet unsaid.

We made it official during a walk from Galleria to Podium when he asked me if I loved him enough to be his girlfriend and I said yes.

50 First Dates
Hellboy
Troy
Shrek 2
The Day After Tomorrow
Super Size Me
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
Spider-Man 2
King Arthur
The Village
Along Came Polly
Garden State
The Incredibles
Wimbledon
Blade Trinity
Wimbledon
Sideways
2046
Constantine
A Very Long Engagement
In Good Company
Imelda
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Closer
Alfie
Taking Lives
Van Helsing
Chasing Liberty
Zatoichi
A Mighty Wind
Kung Fu Hustle
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
The Notebook
National Treasure
Napoleon Dynamite
Before Sunset
Meet the Fockers
13 Going on 30
Lost in Translation
Fahrenheit 9/11
Around the World in 80 Days
The Prince and Me
Shaun of the Dead
House of Flying Daggers
Elektra
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Princess Diaries 2: A Royal Engagement
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

.
.
.

I love you, my J.

* * *

yes is a pleasant country:
if's wintry
(my lovely)
let's open the year

both is the very weather
(not either)
my treasure,
when violets appear

love is a deeper season
than reason;
my sweet one
(and april's where we're)
- e. e. cummings

No comments: