Saturday, January 01, 2011

December 31: Core Story --

What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? (Bonus: Consider your reflections from this month. Look through them to discover a thread you may not have noticed until today.) (Author: Molly O’Neill) 


I am a woman in search of happiness.  Please do not misunderstand this and think that I am currently unhappy because I am not.  I just believe that one must actively seek out that which makes them happy -- it is not something that someone will make you feel -- it is something that we should be able to do for ourselves.


Every year, at New Year's Eve, I read Tuesdays with Morrie and I always gravitate towards this line:




“The culture we have does not make people feel good about themselves. And you have to be strong enough to say if the culture doesn’t work, don’t buy it.”


There is so much in this world to be afraid of and to worry about -- 


And I don't want that.  So I am taking charge of my feelings and what I want is happiness.


I'm not sure if I share this with a lot of people -- but the people central to me, I try to remind them once in a while (and not gently) that they should stop fussing and stop worrying so much.

No comments: