Friday, December 31, 2010

December 30: Gift --

This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year? (Author: Holly Root)


Maybe the best gift I got this year was from my youngest brother -- he gave me a Starbucks Planner.  He had to collect stamps in order to get it -- and he had to drink coffee in order to get the stamps.  And he doesn't really like coffee.


I love that he put effort into it (and he went beyond himself) to get me what I wanted.


I was also inspired by dear N's gifts (felt cookies for the kids and a small yellow felt fish clip for Anya) and C's gift (a bag made out of flour sacks and she gocco-ed a "logo" of her and her fiance) -- I love touching these objects and knowing that someone made them.


Lastly, dear F gave us 5 orchid plants -- so, so beautiful!  It really brings life to the house.  Our driver/gardener and I have already discussed how we will take care of these orchids and will propagate them in June so we will have more orchids come December.  I love that we have made future plans! ^_^

No comments: