Sunday, December 26, 2010

December 24: Everything's Ok --

What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead? (Author: Kate Inglis)

When my daughter got sick middle of this year, I thought the world was going to end. She had just turned 1 a few months before she got Kawasaki and I remember thinking she was too small, too young to handle such a terrible illness.

But she retained her spirit (and her spunk -- the nurses were so afraid to disturb her during the regular vital signs taking because she was so snappish) the whole time.

I realized then that, no matter how daunting or unknown the situation is, there is always a way out. It may not be easy or pleasant or inexpensive but there is always a way out.

The day after they administered the IVIG, my daughter was back -- and the first thing she wanted to do was to practice her walking (she had just started walking at around 11 months) --

I learned then that I should borrow some of my children's resilience --

The coming year is an exciting one: my daughter will be attending a toddler playgroup. My son will be in kindergarten this coming June. And the rest of the year is fuzzy still because I have not made plans (and it hasn't happened yet) -- but I think I can manage whatever comes my way.

^_^

No comments: