Friday, December 31, 2010

December 29: Defining Moment --

Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year. (Author: Kathryn Fitzmaurice)


I would like like to believe that I'm leaving 2010 a better person -- I am definitely different Tin now compared to the Tin in January 2010 but, whether the change is for the good remains to be seen.


I've learned to think for myself but I've also learned to listen to others.  My mom is a wonderful source of practical ideas (too practical sometimes) and my youngest brother is great to talk to when I need a different (neutral) perspective.


I think one defining moment for me happened this November.  I decided to treat myself to a little bit of luxury -- it made me feel really good.  Then I realized that that little bit of luxury didn't fit into my currently drab (almost stagnating) life so I decided to improve my life -- I'm taking more care in dressing and spending time pampering myself (read: moisturizing morning and evening).  Then I started to improve my health and I now walk about 2+km every morning.


I'm trying to encourage my family to do the same.  I've declared 2011 as the 20 "i" "i" year -- so it's the year of "me" -- I think it's nice that we take care of others (in my case, my kids and our household) but it's even better that we take time and take care of ourselves as well. ^_^

No comments: