Saturday, December 25, 2010

December 21: Future Self --

Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?) (Author: Jenny Blake)

I would give myself the same advice I give myself every year -- allow yourself to be happy. Allow yourself to feel that you deserve the things that you have.

Five years from now, my kids will be older -- I think I would advice myself to be more patient and understanding of the changes that they will be going through (especially my son, who will be an almost-tween by then. Yikes!)

Bonus:
Dear 22-year old Tin,

You don't have a boyfriend yet -- and you won't be getting one until you turn 26.

There's plenty of time to be a "we" -- and, it will happen, trust me. Right now, I would like for you to focus on "me" --

Be patient and love yourself. Say yes to everything, especially when your friend C offers to paint you naked. That's probably the last you'll see yourself in that weight. (Don't worry, though -- your future body is fine. Capable of handling the children and the life that you have.)

Lastly, when you go off abroad this coming summer, don't just drink ginger ale at the pub. Try something new and adventurous.

Love,

Your 32-year old self

No comments: