Saturday, December 11, 2010

December 10: Wisdom --

What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? (Author: Susannah Conway)

I'm not sure if this is the wisest decision I've made but I know it's one of the best decisions I've made --

We put in some of our savings in a mutual fund and we are enjoying the yield of this decision this Christmas.

I really liked what our financial advisor at Philam said: "You worked hard for that money. Now let your money work hard for you." ^_^

I'm trying to be more careful with my family's finances -- having 2 small kids takes out a large chunk of our expenses every month and our savings suffer a bit. (Plus, we had Anya's illness early this year.)

I sat down and thought about this and I've discovered that I had been making a LOT of unnecessary spending so I've written down a better savings plan and I've been on it for the past 3 weeks now. So far, so good. ^_^

No comments: