Saturday, December 18, 2010

December 16: Friendship --

How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst? (Author: Martha Mihalick)

I have few friends in my life, but I am fortunate that they are all good friends.

Dear F, is my brother's friend but I "inherited" her and her husband because we are all based here in Iloilo. She's an amazing mom to her 3 kids and has such a wonderful, positive outlook --

In the years of our friendship, she has taught me to "react with love" to the most difficult things and people.

She is not afraid to embrace life and to enjoy it fully. Our last outing before she gave birth to her 3rd child, we went to Dulgie's and ordered 4 different desserts. I could not do this with any other person. (Maybe, G -- but she is in Singapore.) We ate, we talked -- I always come away from our meetings with lots of insight and strength.

And she is younger than me!

No comments: