Thursday, December 09, 2010

December 3: Moment --

Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

It would have the day I woke up at 6am, put on the Nike Air Alaris (which my sister bought for me for my birthday last year and which I last wore in September 2009 when I went to Japan) and went out for a walk around our subdivision.

This was November 19, 2010. (The moment when I decided I would take care of myself better.)

That early in the morning, nothing's moving -- it's quiet and still -- it's still a bit dark and gray but you can also see a hint of pink and yellow flitting through the clouds.

I love that time of the morning -- it gives me a chance to collect myself for the day and to prepare myself for the lively activity in my house with my 2 kids.

Now I walk every morning -- at 6am. I have a lovely route, which our driver estimates to be around 2km. It takes me 30 minutes to complete the route and it's my most favorite time of the day. (In 2nd place would be when the kids are doing something productive and artistic.)

No comments: