Friday, December 10, 2010

December 7: Community --

Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?
(Author: Cali Harris)


Online, I have always appreciated and enjoyed Newlyweds@Work -- I'm a little chagrined because my participation in the group is very sporadic -- but I read the list religiously and I reflect on the experiences of my fellow N@wies.

I've also enjoyed reading the interaction of my husband and his friends on Facebook. I don't have my own Facebook page (because I'm not a big fan of micro-blogging and I am already on 2 online venues: Blogger and Multiply and, etc.) -- it's amazing how that place has helped people to reconnect and to have an opportunity for small daily chats and such.

For 2011, I would like to participate more actively in my life here in Iloilo -- I'm still hovering on the fringes of (what was once) my community and am still struggling to find a way to get my big foot in the door -- but I am being patient and am biding my time.

No comments: