Sunday, December 19, 2010

December 17: Lesson Learned --

What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)

My favorite has to be from Gary Trudeau's interview with Reader's Digest (US Version) November 2010 issue. I forget how he said it, but the gist is: "It's Not About You."

I have had a lot of instances where I become indignant over something I perceive as a slight against me -- and then I remember that it is not about me. And it reminds me to park my ego and re-view the situation. Almost always, I realize that I am being selfish and I find a way to rememdy it.

I know the world does not revolve around me and I am not entitled to anything that I did not work for.

So, I will go out there and work for it. ^_^

No comments: