Saturday, October 11, 2003

For the Harry Potter fans out there:
Emma Thompson has been cast to play Sybill Trelawney, the divinations professor. (I am excited! She's one of my favorite actresses.)

* * *

Today's quote is from my beloved WH Auden:
Pick a quarrel, go to war,
Leave the hero in the bar;
Hunt the lion, climb the peak:
No one guesses you are weak.

* * *

Today was excellent:
- very good, old friends (from our theater-watching days) visited and it was a blast talking to them (it really made our morning ^_^)

- accompanied D to Booktopia. It was raining so hard, we decided to seek refuge in Shopwise (my first time there!) and I was able to find my bro his Candy Corn (h'ray!). Booktopia is a wonderful bookstore! They had this book (Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, which I've been wanting to get for a really long time. (I saw the movie adaptation and loved it -- actually saw it twice!)

They have all of the the Onion books. (Which I also wanted to get. ~sigh~)

Will now devote my energies to convincing my sister to drive me there.

- played a few games of Neopets TCG with C and lost. (But it was fun! I'm still trying to figure out a strategy for this game.) Definitely need to get more cards, though.

- found out that I might get a chance to see Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill next weekend. ^_^

- had a really great time on the drive home with my sibs. (traffic was terrible, but we were all tanked up on sugar so ...)

Right now, am trying to decide which movie to watch for the evening. (Last night's Royal Tenenbaums was wonderful. I slept very well after. ^_^)




No comments: