Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Ugh ... now I remember why it took so long for me to start drinking again.

It is 4 in the morning and I am awake. Erg. >_<

Oh well, there _is_ a thesis chapter that needs to be revised (and one the needs to be written.)

On the bright side, I spent the evening re-reading Auden and rediscovered why I loved this poet so much. (Read his treatise on the unwritten love poem. Galing! ^_^)

And I wrote a poem last night. (H'ray!) But I have to fix it up pa.

- - -> Back to our regular programming =P

... a few minutes later:
C'est moi, procrastinator.

I open my thesis file and type the question Jonathan has been asking me all along. "How does Charlson Ong figure into this whole discussion about the discourse on the Chinese Filipino?" That's how much I've typed since 4.

How _does_ he figure into all this? (It is a time like this when I wish I had fought to get my other thesis topic approved. ~sigh~)

Currently reading Nick Joaquin's "Culture as History" to find the answer. (I have an answer in my head, but I need someone with more say to back me up.)

... I am amused by my own blog entry.

Oh, and I finally found this:
The Charolastra Manifesto (from Y Tu Mama Tambien)
1. No hay honor mas grande que ser un charolastra.
2. Cada cual puede hacer de su culo un papalote.
3. Pop mata poesi­a.
4. Un "toque" al di­a... la llave de la alegri­a.
5. No te tiraras a la vieja de otro charolastra.
6. Puto el que le vaya al America.
7. Que muera la moral y que viva la chaqueta.
8. Prohibido casarse con una virgen.
9. Puto el que le vaya al America (se repite).
10. La "neta" es chida pero inalcanzable.

No. 2 Everyone can do with their life what they want.
No. 3 Pop kills poetry
No. 10 The truth is really amazing but totally unattainable.

... isn't it amazing how much non-thesis work I can accomplish while working on my thesis? ^_^

currently listening to:
Salva Nos (Noir OST)
A New Day Has Come (Celine Dion)
Pachelbel's Kanon (My Sassy Girl OST)
You Were Always on My Mind (Elvis Presley)

Progress Report:
Just need to rearrange my Review of Related Literature and discuss how Said's Orientalism applies to Chinese Filipino Writing.

... sooooo close. ~sigh~

No comments: