Friday, December 23, 2011

December 8: Moment of Peace --

December 8 Moment of peace. 
An hour or a day or a week of solitude. What was the quality of your breath? The state of your mind? How did you get there?


I'm not sure that now is the right time for me to answer this -- because I have been chasing after this elusive peace since the holiday season started.


It's been hectic -- Seth had quarterly exams right before the break and we had to get things ready for their Christmas parties in school.  (Yes, plural because Anya goes as well.)


Then there is the house and getting it ready for Christmas.


Then there are the gifts.  (It is a day before the 24th and I have not yet gotten a gift for my dad.) -- and I did the lazy bit and just got my husband a digital subscription to SciFi Now.


I'm very stressed and I'm just holding my breath and waiting for the season to be over.


I get some quiet time -- the last I remember was 10 minutes at Starbucks -- we were waiting for Anya's class to be finished and I got to read the newspaper!

No comments: