Thursday, October 28, 2004

Books! --

Finished reading Tuck Everlasting and A Christmas Carol and am now reading Ella Enchanted.

Am still trying to decide whether I should get Mike Gayle's latest book, His 'n' Hers -- am a little low on funds, which is why I'm hesitating.

And Christmas is 2 months away! >_<

Thank Goodness sweldo na tomorrow. ^_^

* * *

Tonsillitis Woes --

My sister has it. My J has it. I have it.

Bleh.

My J and I visited the Health Development Institute, which is located in the ISO Complex of the Ateneo -- they offer alternative, wholistic approaches to healing.

While waiting for my J to get examined, we looked over the pamphlets in the clinic -- every Tuesdays and Thursdays, they have acupuncturists available.

Am curious and I want to try it out. ^_^

* * *

And more about books --

I'll be teaching fiction this sem and I need to teach a novel as a culminating lesson for the semester --

Some teachers opt to teach Dogeaters or Woman with Two Navels or Chronicle of a Death Foretold --

I'm hoping to teach something more contemporary and more appealing to Freshmen minds --

Some guidelines:
1. Has to be short enough that we can read it in 3 to 4 weeks.
2. Should be widely available.
3. Should have a movie version.
4. Not Sci-Fi or Fantasy (I don't read this, sorry ^^;;)

Suggestions?

I'm considering:
1. Like Water for Chocolate
2. Emma or Pride and Prejudice

2 comments:

Charles said...

Just wanted to remind you to read the book that I loaned you before the sem started. =) It's entitled "Portrait of Mrs. Charbuque" in case you forgot.

Tin (ni Johann) said...

Hi, Charles!

Yup, I have your book. I keep forgetting to bring it with me to return.

Let me know when you're in the area again so I can give it back ^^