Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Picture! --

Remember that really nice picture that C took of me and my J at our friend's wedding in Cavite?

Well, I finally uploaded it. ^_^

I love this pic -- this is what we would look like if we went to the prom together.

Except that we would be too old to go to the prom. ^^;;

* * *

Wasabi! --

The lunch buffet at Wasabi is worth it! Everyone should try it out when they get a chance. ^_^

My favorite part was the dessert -- my J raved about the Creme Latte, which is a coffee-flavored custard. I also had a slice of chocolate cake and a slice of cheesecake and had a mango crepe made.

And then we went home and watched Super Size Me.

We felt so guilty about having *ahem* over-indulged like that and have vowed to go soda-less for this week.

So far so good. ^_^

* * *

Finally! --

I finished reading A Year in Provence this afternoon!

I was reading it while administering the final exam for En10 this afternoon.

Ganda! It is a joy to read.

Yun lang.

And now I'm reading Tuck Everlasting, which is also amazing!

(Thanks E for the copy ^_^)

* * *

Activities! --

There's an Interior Design exhibit ongoing at Paseo Center in Makati. If you're in the area, go check it out. It's fun. ^_^ (until the end of the month)

New Voice will be staging Cabaret at Music Museum this coming November. (The reason to go to this is that Ugoy Ugoy will be providing the music. A cool thing.)

This week, so many good movies are showing:
- A Shark's Tale
- Wimbledon
- House of Flying Daggers
- Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

~sigh~

All the malls are going on sale this weekend. (And I got a text message from Chocolate telling me that they're going on sale in Megamall -- and there is this really cute skirt that I've been eyeing...)

It's a friend's birthday this week and we're trying to decide whether to take him to Old Swiss Inn for fondue or the Beachhouse for BBQ.

* * *

Stop all the clocks --

Many of us are mourning the death of Christopher Reeve, the original Superman and I am one of those people. I loved the Superman series and had such a huge crush on him when I was younger.

When he got into that terrible accident, I felt bad for him and thought that would be the end of him -- but he proved many of us wrong. I think he did his best work after that -- off camera pa.

Another great figure also passed away -- Jacques Derrida. (And this one affected me more, actually)

While Christopher Reeve got front-page coverage on every major newspaper, Jacques Derrida was allotted a teeny-tiny section in the same papers.

Requiescat in Pace.

No comments: