Saturday, October 09, 2004

What earthquake? --

My J and I had a wonderful session at the spa yesterday -- we really enjoy the steam room where we sweat out all the nasty stuff in our bodies. And our therapists yesterday were so good. ^_^

We were going home na when, in the cab, we decided to make a detour to Eastwood.

This turned out to be an interesting side trip --

Dinner at Fazoli's, dessert at Floyd's (smoosh-in goodness!)

There was also a mime performing in the mall. Galing! ^^

I love my J. ^_^

* * *

Good vibrations! --

C and I have been chatting quite regularly on MSN and today he showed me the link to John Kovalic's LJ --

John Kovalic has a project right now and he calls it "good vibrations" -- he copied the concept from his wife.

No matter how successful you feel, no matter how much self-confidence and self-esteem you have, the self-doubt will rear it's ugly head from time-to-time. I actually have a list of things that I accomplished in my life that usually works as a good antidote for the self-doubt:

Lori's Life Achievements:
-Gold Award (the highest award in Girl Scouting)
-BA in English/Creative Writing earned 13 years after graduating high school
-Living almost 20 years after suicide attempt
-13+ year marriage to the World's Greatest Husband
-3 wonderful cats -I own a house
-gainfully employed full-time since 1992, w/state since 1993, currently working a job I love and in my field
-Christmas Child, a short story I wrote and gave as a gift to family and friends Xmas 2001
-The Pie, a story I wrote for Heroic Stories (Good news in a bad news world) http://www.geocities.com/delazan/writing/writing.html

I'm working on my list now. On of the coolest things I've done, or at least one of the things I'm proudest of, is to rescue or help rescue three animals this last year. An awesome cat, a cool gerbil and a giant bloody great snapping turtle (full story to come. trust me: "John vs. The Snapping Turtle" is good).

So, this begs the question...what's YOUR list look like?

Am thinking of my list right now. Will probably write it later. ^_^

* * *

Yay! --

It's the weekend and school is OVER!

Yay!

No comments: