Monday, October 18, 2004

I love As Told by Ginger --

All this time it was you
I didn't think that it could be true
You were right there from the start
And what might be the strangest part
Is while I sure enjoyed the view
Of seeing everything brand new
It's still you
All this time I was home
I didn't know just how far I'd roam
Winter brings all this snow
Blinding, it covers everything you know
But when the sun comes shining through
And the sky returns to blue
I will rush to take my cue and find you.

* * *

Hello, stranger - you came just in time
I look for your face in a crowd, or in line
Hello, stranger - not a moment too soon
See, that old picture's fading in the drawer of my room
Now toys have gone lost, baby teeth have come loose
There were accidents involving stitches, spilt juice
Report cards were shown, and one time I got sick
But it's nothing I couldn't catch you up on real quick
Hello, stranger - I saved you a place
And it hardly seems strange now that I've seen your face

* * *

There were copper-colored ponies
there was air that smelled like rain
And the moon was out in daytime
when I first learned your name
and though the clouds a-quickly moved in
Though the path looked overgrown
the time that I spent talkin' to you
made me feel like I was home

* * *

For the MP3 and Video of the opening and for that really haunting piece "And She Was Gone," click here.

* * *

No comments: