Monday, October 25, 2004

Saturday Fun! --

It's usually difficult to organize a get-together for my J and his friends (D, P, C and the other C who is now in Shanghai) -- they live so far from each other and they all have crazy skeds and days off.

Early last week, I bumped into A, P's girlfriend on MSN and we realized that we haven't seen each other in a bit and wanted to catch up. We're both on sembreak and P and my J both have the weekend off, so we arranged to meet up for lunch last Saturday.

That was that. When I told my J that we were planning to meet up with his friends for lunch that Saturday, he asked for details (he may appear laidback and relaxed about things but, deep down, OC din yun) and I told him it was for lunch at UP this Saturday.

Siyempre, this immediately worries him: "You mean you didn't specify a time or a meeting place?!? Hun, it takes careful planning and many text messages to organize something like this." <-- nagti-twitch na siya at this point... X3 Wahahahahaha! Saturday came, and my J was very antsy about the whole lack of structure/careful planning. (Kept asking D to call or text people to ask them where they were)

Some hitches -- Beach House iss closed pala on Saturdays so we ended up in Trellis. Friends came late so we had a late lunch as well.

After lunch, we hung out sa store and played Carcassonne (gameplay is similar to Settlers of Cataan but much simpler and with less moving pieces) and then went to watch a movie in Galleria -- Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (which rocked!).

It is always fun to see the interaction between this group of friends. They've known each other since college and were all part of the same org. Wala lang, cute lang talaga sila when they talk to each other.

* * *

Errant Friend(ster) --

I've lost track of the Iloilo people --

I spent the weekend checking out my Friendster account and looking at which friends were linked to whom and I discovered that so much has happened since I was gone -- so many people are married and have kids (I didn't even know they were together!), so many of them have gone abroad, etc.

I left Iloilo 10 years ago and, every time I go home, I feel like a stranger there. I get lost in the mall. I don't know where streets go any more.

I want to stay in touch with these people, but I don't know how. I've tried to a long time ago but everything's different now.

~sigh~

* * *

Before Sunset is this Wednesday na! ^_^ --

Celine: You know what I want?
Jesse: What?
Celine: To be kissed.
Jesse: Well I can do that.
- Before Sunrise

(Happy 7, dear!)

No comments: