Thursday, March 25, 2004

Awit sa Panginoon: Ateneo Chamber Singers (ACS) Album Launching
Palm Sunday, April 4, 2004
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Venue: University Church of the Gesu
Ateneo de Manila University
Ticket Price: P100.00 each
Ticket Reservation: 0917-8933379

* * *

Current state of being: Pleasantly surprised --

"Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you..." - Alanis Morissette

I've always thought that nothing would surprise me. I thought I had made sure that nothing could happen that would surprise me or catch me unawares --

- I had carefully defined the things (and set up parameters) around me.
- I've kept planners to make sure that I know what's going to happen to me on any given day.
- We speak of "agenda" when I go out with my sibs on Sundays.
- my sister and I are compulsive "list" writers

bottom line: am anal about my life and I make sure things go according to my plans.

And then, there was this --

And it makes me smile just thinking about it. ^_^

I think J is slightly exasperated that the word I use to describe myself is "amused" -- but how else would you describe someone who is constantly going "oo nga, no?" when she thinks about what's currently happening? ^_^

And this is a rare thing for me -- to be this surprised... to be this pleasantly surprised.

And while how this happened or why it happened caught me off-guard, I'm here now and I'm paying attention. And I'm looking forward to what happens next --

* * *

Word the currently fascinates me -- "happen"

This coming to being -- (when things just fall into place and make sense; when things that you thought you had already understood take on new meaning when seen in a different light; when things start fitting --)

and I wish I could talk about this some more, but I don't have the words to describe this or how I feel about it -- (they come in colors or images or silly grins or sounds or giggles)

^_^

* * *

Watched Sounds of Colors last night. It's a movie written by the same guy who wrote Turn Right, Turn Left (Jimmy Liao) -- it was a sweet story, but lacked the tension(?) found in TRTL. It had Tony Leung Chiu Wai in it, so am really not complaining. ^_^




No comments: