Friday, March 05, 2004

^_^ --

My cousin left for Canada today (her flight got moved from next week) -- since it was super-short notice, I decided to give her my copy of Flipped (there was another copy in National Bookstore Katipunan when I got the book last Wednesday) so she would have something to read during the flight (trust me, those in-flight magazines can only entertain you for so long ^_^)

I went back to Natio this morning to get the other copy but it was gone. ~sigh~

So I got Jerry Spinelli's Stargirl --

"She was elusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl. We did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to a like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through and away she flew."



... I wish I could be more like Stargirl ^_^

Another good read ^_^ (but this book-a-day habit is getting expensive -- erg!)

* * *

Got a copy of my grad school transcripts this morning --

I had put off getting a copy for the longest time because I didn't want to know my grades for the last few classes I was taking. I was aware that I wasn't doing my best for these classes (and I felt sad about it because I really loved and admired the teachers who taught them).

Kaya I was relieved to see that I got really good grades for them, especially with Chapter 1 of my thesis. I knew this one sucked talaga -- I was writing for the sake of wanting to get it over and done with. I was prepared to get a "B" for this class.

And then he gave me an "A-" (I still maintain my average -- yay! ^_^) -- this pleases me to no end. I was beginning to think I wasn't worthy to be an EngLit grad student (yes, yes I succumbed to my insecurity and self-pity)

~whew!~

* * *

My Life Is Defined By Survey Questions (from G's blog)

1. Favorite breakfast is:
Peanut butter (on pancakes or bread)

2. The movie I've watched the most number of times is:
Dead Poet's Society -- one summer, I watched this movie everyday
Last Emperor -- another summer, I watched this movie every Friday
Royal Tenenbaums -- last count is 4 (and am compelled to watch it again)

3. Least favorite subject in school:
Bio and PolSci

4. I spend my leisure time by:
Read, play VtES, watch TV, blog, spend time with friends

5. Worst smell:
Dead cockroaches - erg!

6. If I could have any car in the world, what would it be?
A yellow Volkswagen (the new model), any car with a driver in it ^_^

7. Favorite household chore:
Filtering/Boiling water, organizing bookshelves

8. When I was a kid, I dreamed of becoming a:
A teacher, a doctor (until I discovered that I was scared of needles and blood)

9. Favorite colors:
Dark blue, black -- right now, I'm liking pink and all these pastel colors

10. Favorite performer:
Tori Amos, Sarah McLachlan

11. When I die, I'd rather be cremated or buried:
Cremated and my ashes scattered around all the places that I loved

12. If I could repeat college, I'd take up:
Still IS (in Ateneo)

13. Three things I can't leave home without:
Key to my house, some money and my cellphone (this last one, am trying to wean away from)

14. First thing I bought with my first salary:
Treated my sibs to dinner, the rest I spent on clothes

15. I'd like to be remembered as:
I'd like to be remembered period. ^_^

16. If a book was made into a movie, would you still bother buying the book?
Yes. We've always been complete-ists.

17. Specialty in cooking?
Crepes (though it has been a while), peanut butter sandwiches ^_^

18. First crush?
wow -- so long ago! ^_^

19. Favorite hangout:
I'm in the store most of the time. Mall of choice is Podium or Powerplant.

20. Best place to shop?
Esprit (mindless for me because I know my size there), Just G (girly stuff ^_^), Chocolate

21. Do you like to watch plays?
Yes and, if I had more time (and people to watch it with), I'd watch more.

22. Favorite place in the house?
The loft. My bed. The twins' room.

23. Best gift you've given?
The ones I enjoyed getting the most:
- Songs from 31 Songs (for A -- who rarely reads but found time to read Nick Hornby's book ^_^. When he told me he enjoyed reading the book and was curious about the songs, I knew I had to get it for him.)
- A matching luggage set for my bro -- I've never given someone luggage before and it was fun picking it out ^_^

Given enough time and money, am usually good at getting people gifts (and am good at wrapping them) -- I love it when they open the gift and you see their faces light up. ^_^

24. Weirdest gift you've received:
Someone gave me underwear one Christmas -- we didn't know what to make of it and it was hard to explain to the yayas. =P

25. Gift that you want to receive at this moment:
- Another copy of Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen ^_^
- A new PC (this one is acting up na >_<)

26. Gift you want to receive Valentines Day:
I gave myself a day at the spa this year and that was wonderful. Had dinner with very good friends on Valentine's eve and that was memorable.

* * *

1. DREAM NICKNAME:
I like that my sibs call me Ditch. ^_^

2. WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE?
My family. My peace. People whom I love.

4. I USUALLY SMELL LIKE:
The Body Shop's White Musk ^_^

5. WHAT MOVIE BEST DESCRIBES YOUR SEXUAL POWERS?
Hahahahaha -- what a question ^_^

6. CURRENT CELLPHONE RINGTONE:
Am using an Ericsson, so I have a generic ringtone -- but with my Nokia, the first ringtone I would get is Seasons of Love from Rent

7. FAVORITE STORES IN THE MALL:
Any bookstore. ^_^

8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD:
Loss. Heartbreak.

9. FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING:
- What day is it? What time is it?

10. MOST EMBARASSING CD IN YOUR COLLECTION:
The WWF (wrestling) OST -- but am not embarassed by it at all.

11. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME:
Hehehe, this changes every time I pick up name book. ^_^

12. FAVORITE BAD GUY:
... can't think of one right now -- been ages since I watched a movie with a villain ^_^

13. BY CHOICE, A TIME MACHINE WILL TAKE YOU WHEN AND WHERE?
Here. Now. ^_^ (I don't believe in going back to change things or going forward to see how things will turn out. I'd like to believe that I'm capable of making sound decisions and that I should stick by them regardless of the outcome.)

14. IF SOMEONE WAS MADE RULER OF THE WORLD (dead or alive), WHO SHOULD IT BE?
Someone else, not me. But I want to have control over this person. ^_^

15. FAVORITE "SURVIVOR" CHARACTER EVER:
Ethan. ^_^

17. TV SHOWs THAT MAKE YOU LAUGH?
Third Rock from the Sun. That 70s show.

20. PEOPLE WILL BE SURPRISED THAT I LIKE:
Boy bands. ^_^

21. ESTIMATED NUMBER OF TIMES YOU EVER PUKED FROM ALCOHOL:
Never to the point of puking. I know my limits. ^_^

22. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS?
I'm bound to change my mind (am a fickle pickle >_<) -- but, for now:
- Kareshi Kanojo no Jijyo DVD Boxed Set
- shoes (a nice pair for evenings)
- my bro's phone

23. WHAT'S GONNA BE YOUR WEDDING SONG?
Not to march to -- but I want "I'll Cover You" from Rent

24. DESCRIBE YOUR TYPICAL SATURDAY NIGHT IN VIVID DETAIL:
Am at the store. ^_^

25. WHAT SONG ALWAYS GETS YOU IN A ROMANTIC MOOD?
At the moment? The OST to The Classic makes me want to cry (because of that movie -- haaaay)

No comments: