Monday, March 08, 2004

Listening to the Royal Tenenbaums OST (Thanks to A and D for getting it for me in HK ^_^)

* * *

Interesting -- (got this from a friend's friend's lj)

So, say you were meeting a new person--blind date, new friend, who knows. And you wanted them to have some idea of what kind of person you are, and who you are. But you can't actually tell them in so many words. Instead, you have to give them a box, with a dozen things in it for them to look at/read/listen to/taste/whatever. What would you put in the box?

... cheated -- this is more than 12 ^_^

1. notebooks and pens
2. a watch and eyeglasses
3. books: AS Byatt's Possession, the Faber and Faber WH Auden's Collected Poems, Tuesdays with Morrie
4. cds: RENT, Immortal Beloved OST, a cd with the songs Crash Into Me (DMB), Shimmer (Fuel), Taxi Ride (Tori Amos)
5. a bottle of The Body Shop's White Musk Bath and Shower Gel and Cetaphil
6. my UK journal and "happy thoughts" book
7. a pint of Coffee Crumble or Double Dutch
8. a bottle of Vitamin C and some bottles of orange juice
9. my cameras
10. can i stuff my sibs into this box? ^_^ (fine, a picture of them then)
11. a bottle of isopropyl alcohol (johnson's) -- never leave home without it ^_^
12. a copy of the e-mails between me and K

and this is fun -- try to make portraits of yourselves and your friends ^_^

* * *

Am working on my new PC -- the old one decided to develop bad sectors and died on me this weekend --
Had to burn files into cds and had a hard time deciding which files were important and which weren't --
I didn't want to waste cds on this so it boiled down to one folder -- where i keep all my works (academic and otherwise)

... and now, it's even more strange looking at this one cd with one folder -- that's three years of my life right there ^_^

* * *

A dropped by the store today and we had an interesting, albeit brief conversation about time -- it's interesting how we talk about it -- "make time", "kill time", "waste time" -- as though it were some sort of tangible that we had control over

but do we really? for the past few weeks, i've been talking about how time is moving by so quickly -- and, yet, for another friend it's crawling --

* * *

1036pm

Just got back from having dessert with C and J -- (wonderful people ^_^)

Tomorrow is C's birthday, so I considered this the pre-birthday party, which was sooo much fun! We had dessert at Goodies and Sweets (in Greenhills) and I had the turtle pie -- sinful! ^_^

It was nice to be able to sit down with them and have a long, decent conversation (we're all busy people and it's hard to get our skeds to mesh --)

I love my friends. ^_^


No comments: